|summer garden party with friends|
We live in a cottage. Our line of address reads Clarks Cottage. We live a quintessential English country existence.We have a private garden (“yard”), beautiful views of fields, and grazing cattle for neighbours.
- has a big enough bedroom to fit a queen sized bed–forget about a king,
- has a shower in which you do not have to use a handheld faucet to wash your hair,
- is not blanked in shag carpet that is a deeper shade of English rose,
- has wardrobes (“closets”) (Note: I did not say “walk-in”… those are rare if ever seen),
- allows dogs,
- allows babies,
- has neutral wall colours,
- is affordable,
… are few and (very) far between.
“Houdini” is outsmarted
Carib should have been named Houdini. Over the years, she has wiggled herself out of several cones, chewed off bandages, freed herself of collars, and dug her way under chicken wire. This time, we have had to outsmart the magician by double knotting the halo to her collar. After great effort to try and get the cone off, she finally surrendered. The poor mutt just looks pathetic.