Our Bramley apple tree’s branches are weighed down in fruit. Cyrille baked this heavenly dessert for our Sunday dinner to make good use of the seasonal fruit.
Apples from the garden… homemade blackberry jam… and Chef’s harvested honey… seconds, please!
- 1/2 to 1 Bramley Apple (depending on apple size) per serving. If you don’t have Bramley Apples, just ensure you choose a good baking apple (Granny Smith’s are always a winner!)
- Blackberry Jam (the homemade stuff is the best… but a good quality store bought works the same)
- Salted Butter
Preheat oven to 375 bake or Gas Mark 5
- Line Staub (or similar cast iron pan) with baking/parchment paper
- Peel and core the apples and stand in baking pan
- fill apple core 2/3 with blackberry jam and 1/3 with butter and a generous dollop of honey on top
- place apples in preheated oven and bake until apples are soft (but not mush!)
|bramley apples, peeled and cored|
|apples and filling ready for baking|
|ready to serve|