|a well crafted web|
With just 3-weeks to go until Halloween… Eloise and I are hard at work spooking up the cottage.
This Halloween I decided to pay homage to the eight-legged arachnid because Itsy Bitsy Spider holds the coveted #1 slot on Eloise’s most requested nursery rhymes chart, and; despite an unyielding forecast of rain trying “to wash” them away, these determined critters carry on spinning their webs in every corner of our house!
While Eloise was more interested in making bunny ears with the pipe cleaners and sticking her fingers together with craft glue, it was a great rainy day activity that extended over a few indoor play days and even got her daddy twisting pipe cleaners and gluing googly eyes on his day off…
|focused on the wonders of craft glue|
|“daddy’s long leg”|
- assorted pipe cleaners
- assorted pom pom balls
- googly eyes
- craft glue
- spider web (I bought ours at local craft store. They’re optional as spiders can be used for individual display on tables/mantels)
- Using the above supplies, mix n’match to create your creepy crawlers. (see examples below)
- Design the body/head of spider and allow it to dry completely before attaching the legs
- Twist four pipe cleaners together and form a base in which to glue the spider’s body (once dried)
- Below are a few of our critters