You do not travel to Texas to lose weight for two reasons: Tex-Mex and Bar-B-Q.
Locals habitually dine at their favourite Tex-Mex and BBQ spots, and consider it unfaithful to try out the competitors.
While I left Texas some ten years ago, I still remain loyal to my Tex-Mex and BBQ joints. This devotion (and craving) got me thinking about how a diner gets hooked in the first place?
Here is a look at how my brain analysed the subject matter:
¡Olé! Now that we have digested that intricate topic, here is my gold list, to include my new BBQ nod.
1. The Original Ninfa’s ,Houston, TX
4) Lockhart Smoke House, Dallas, TX
- Cowgirl boots and cowgirl hat not required but do make the meal even more authentic.
- Eat very little before committing yourself to a Tex-Mex or BBQ meal.
- Double dipping your chip into salsa may not be sanitary, but it is compulsory.
- Wash hands before eating BBQ as you will want, and should, lick barbecue sauce off your fingertips.
- Do not count calories. When you choose to eat Tex-Mex or BBQ, figure you are going to consume the majority (if not all) of your daily allotment.
- Be salty. Order a Margarita with salt on the rim. It goes perfectly with tequila.
- Squeeze lime in Mexican beer.
- Shower after the meal as you will leave smelling like you have been in a smokehouse for 24-hours.